This four-ingredient fudge is foolproof. It is easier to make and never develops sugar crystals like my old recipe. There is no messy marshmallow fluff to fuss with and only one dish to wash when you are done.
Here is the basic recipe for Four-Ingredient Fudge:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups (24 ounces) of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 9-inch pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in a covered glass casserole dish, and microwave on high for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals until it stirs smooth with all chocolate melted.
- Add extract and sweetened condensed milk to chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Pour into prepared pan and chill until firm.
- Lift out of pan and cut into 1-inch squares. Store in refrigerator.
You can vary the flavor of this fudge by using different types of baking chips. You could substitute or use in combination peanut butter, butterscotch, milk chocolate, white chocolate, mint, cherry, or cinnamon-flavored chips. You could also change or combine different flavored extracts, such as almond, orange, rum, or peppermint.
I added dried fruit and toasted nuts to my fudge: orange-flavored craisins, apricots, and toasted almonds, pistachios, and pecans. (Toast by spreading the nuts in a shallow pan and roasting them in a 350 F oven for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.) Add along with the milk and extract.
One piece of this fudge and a cup of strong coffee satisfies because it has so much flavor and sugar intensity. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Begonia